Jack Michael Pendergrass was delivered via cesarean section at 8:31 AM on Friday, March 16th, 2007. He was 19 1/4" long and weighed 5 lbs 9 oz.
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit doctors (neonatologists) worked on Jack for over 15 hours to try and establish a successful oxygen transfer in his lungs, but his hypoplastic lungs and pleural effusion had taken a great toll on him, and his tiny lungs were unable to support him. Jack was taken to be with Jesus at 11:59 PM that night. Carrie and I were able to sit with him some, and hold him some before his heart stopped, and grieve his loss greatly. But we are hopeful for the day that we see him again, as Jesus confirms in John 11, and we also know that " in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).
We feel greatly blessed and privileged to be the parents of Jack, and to have brought into this world a life that will last forever in the presence of the Almighty God.
John 11:21-27
"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask."
Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."
Martha answered, "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
"Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world."
Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
--
Peace be with all you.
Daniel, Carrie, and Luke.
No comments:
Post a Comment